24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year
Water damage is never a welcome guest in your home. Summer storms, broken pipes in the winter and appliances gone bad are all culprits. Regardless of the cause, Sams is here to take action for you right away.
Sams offers 24 hour water damage restoration services. Our technicians have extensive experience and are formally trained to protect your home and its furnishings. Water is quickly removed and evaporation techniques are employed to prevent additional damage.
We have exceptional relationships with insurance companies and we’re happy to guide you through the claims process.
Our company is insured with an emphasis in Liability and Mold for your protection. If your insurance policy excludes your water damage restoration, we will provide you with a competitive proposal.
These are the steps we take to get you up and running again
- Inspection and Assessment of Damage – Each situation is unique, so Sams will provide a proposal and communication sheet for the job.
- Debris Removal – We will carefully remove and dispose of all damaged debris to allow for effective water extraction.
- Furniture Manipulation – Defend, protect, and secure your belongings from further damage.
- Moisture Detection – Measuring the moisture content in a variety of building materials to detect water damage and monitor the process of drying damaged materials.
- Water Extraction – Water removed by a powerful truck-mounted extraction system. This is a vital step in the drying process to help prevent further damage.
- Anti-Microbial Application to Prevent Mold/Mildew – Microban Disinfectant is applied to protect against germs and odor, and kill allergy and disease causing germs, bacteria, mold fungi and mildew. This product is registered with the E.P.A., USDA/N.S.F. and is approved for use by professional cleaners and restorers.
- Structural and Drying Equipment – This is immediately deployed, crucial in preventing mold growth. The remaining moisture must be removed through evaporation and dehumidification.
- Constant Communication and Monitoring from beginning to completion to your satisfaction.
- Carpet Repairs – Returns your carpet to its pre-loss condition. See Carpet Repairs.
- Construction Repairs – Any construction repairs required are identified with you to make sure every aspect of your needs are met.
Schedule An Appointment
Yesterday morning around 6:45 I discovered I had water in my basement and I called Sams Carpet Cleaning. To be honest, I didn’t know they did flood recovery and thought they only did carpets, but by 7:45 am, a young man was here and the water removal process was underway! Their entire team has been wonderful to work with personally and with my insurance company. The carpet is still drying out and the sorting and trashing of wet stuff will continue, but Sams has been awesome! Put their number in your phone just in case you have a morning like mine … hope you don’t.
Dardenne Prairie, MO
In the event of an emergency or disaster, it’s important to have a reliable resource that you can trust and you can count on Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs to be there for you!
Quick Action Safe Water Clean-Up TIPS
- SAFETY FIRST – Use caution when entering a flooded area. Make sure electric power is off and the structure is sound before entering.
- PROTECT YOURSELF – Wear protective clothing like long pants, eye protection, and rubber gloves. If you can and weather permitting, open windows for air flow.
- REMOVAL OF PERSONAL ITEMS – Keep what can be saved and throw away ones that cannot. In a sewage loss items that are porous that have absorbed the flood water shouldn’t be restored. Wipe down the items with a clean cloth right away so no more damage may occur. For instance, removing furniture drawers to help air flow and wiping down excess water throughout.
- UNREMOVABLE ITEMS – Any items that cannot be removed, try to place something to protect the items like foam blocks or plastic between them and the wet flooring.
- CLEANING FABRICS/CLOTHING – Can be machine washed or dry cleaned and it needs to happen right away. Check labels for cleaning instructions and if you can use hot water, use it.
- DRYING STRUCTURE – Requires airflow and proper dehumidification in conjunction with the possible removal of drywall, baseboards, tack strips, carpet, pad, etc. This is when you will need a professional water restoration specialist. They can determine the level of damage, recommend a drying plan, and advise you on what can be saved and what cannot.
- PREVENTING MOLD CONTAMINATION – Although it may take a few days to appear, mold thrives in a moist environment. The quicker you remove waterthe better chances the mold will not appear. Keep air moving and maintain as moderate temperatures as possible. A professional water restoration specialist will make sure air flow and drying methods are used to confirm drying is complete.
- AIR FLOW – Air movement is so important as stated before. Turning on air conditioners in the hot summers and heaters in the cold winters can assist in the drying process.
- REBUILDING – It takes time to remove moisture from a home or business. Reconstruction cannot proceed until moisture levels have reached pre-loss conditions. Professionals have moisture meters to inspect the area and confirm proper drying before reconstruction.
- HIRING PROFESSIONALS – Contact Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs right away. We have trained technicians specializing in restorative drying techniques; including structural drying, content restoration, and anti-microbial application for all your property and items to return them back to their previous condition or better.