At Sams, we admittedly love carpets more than most, but can you deny that amazing feeling of walking on new or freshly cleaned carpet, or the beauty of a newly vacuumed room with straight and tidy lines? A clean carpet assures that your house is a place to gather with family and friends, or to kick back and relax in a comfortable and clean environment.
Why Carpet Cleaning Matters
If you can’t remember the last time you had your carpets cleaned, then it is most likely time to call Sams to schedule a professional cleaning! There are many reasons why having your carpet cleaned on a regular basis makes sense and in some cases is a must-do.
- Regular professional carpet cleaning will extend the life of your carpet. Clean carpets not only look better, they will last far longer. When you let a carpet get dirty, the dust particles that build up on the carpet fibers start to act like sandpaper and every time that you walk on the carpet, those particles wear down the carpet fibers and shorten the life or your carpeting. We recommend a professional cleaning at least once per year, but if you have small children or a large family, every six months would be preferable, especially in high traffic areas.
- Have a pet? We love our furry friends, but we also know the messes they can leave behind. That’s why frequent cleaning is a must in homes with pets. We would advise quarterly cleanings to assure that your carpet is free from pet dander, accident stains and odors are eliminated, and any debris that your pet tracked into your home is skillfully removed.
- If your carpet came with a warranty then having it cleaned professionally once per year is typically a must in order to maintain a valid warranty. While you need to check your warranty for specifics this is often something that is overlooked by home owners until it is too late.
In between cleanings
What can you do to get the most out of your carpet and enjoy a more hygienic home between cleanings? There are many things that will help your home stay fresh after the Sams team has cared for your carpet:
- Regular, Careful Vacuuming: We recommend vacuuming at least once a week, or more frequently (perhaps even daily) in high-traffic areas. When vacuuming, we suggest that you do it very slowly. While it might be tempting to rush through a room to get the job done quickly, it’s important that you slow down to allow the vacuum to do its job. Remember those stubborn dust particles that break down the fibers? The slower you vacuum, the more you assure that those particles will be released from the fibers and sucked into your vacuum.
- Spot and Stain Removal: If you spill something, blot it right away and call us for advice or to take care of the stain for you! Quick action is key, so start by working from the outside of the stain to the inside using a clean cloth. If you rub the stain, you will spread the grime and likely work it further into the carpet fibers. For wet spills, try using a stack of paper towels or a heavy clean cloth weighted down with a heavy object to absorb any moisture. The goal is to get rid of any residual moisture in the carpet to avoid mold.
If you have worked with Sams in the past, you likely have a bottle of our “Outta Sight” spot remover to clean up you spill. Avoid using any other types of carpet cleaning products as they can leave residue and cause more damage.
While your carpet might just seem like a floor covering, at Sams we see it as an important part of what makes your house a home and want to make sure that you get the most out of your investment. Regular carpet cleaning, along with the between-cleaning tips above, will ensure a safer, more enjoyable home environment for you and your loved ones.