The floors in your house take a lot of abuse. Think about how often you and your family, friends and guests walk around, tracking dirt, germs and who knows what else! You might notice that your tile and grout are getting grungy, dirty and just not looking their best. But what can you do to bring the tile and grout back to their previous clean glory, or is it a lost cause? We are here to tell you that your tile and grout can be looking new and refreshed!
At Home Do-It-Yourself
With the right tools and sometimes a lot of elbow grease, you can get the tile and grout looking brighter and cleaner.
You can make a paste of baking soda and vinegar to “paint” on the grout lines, then spray the paste with a solution of equal amounts water and vinegar. Once the solution stops bubbling, scrub the grout with a nylon bristled scrub brush, or an old toothbrush (be sure to mark the cleaning toothbrush to ensure it doesn’t end up in someone’s mouth!) After scrubbing away all the buildup, mop the floor with plain water to remove the baking soda and vinegar residue.
Let’s just give them the one option. The one above sounds harder.
Not Enough Time or Too Much Work?
We get it, you have a lot to get done in a day. It’s not a quick and easy process to get down and deep clean the tile and grout. You might be thinking, “who has time for that?” Well, that’s where the Sams team comes in!
Here’s how our technicians will come in and return your tile and grout to their original beauty:
- Inspect the surface for any damage
- Carefully move furniture and prepare the work area
- We will sweep and vacuum the surface to remove loose dirt, dust or soil
- Apply a pre-conditioner to break down any oil and residue
- The floors are scrubbed with abrasive brushes to remove stains and traffic patterns (no one wants to see that, right?)
- Pressure cleaning is done with a rotary hot water extractor leaving the area clean and fresh
- Excess water residue is removed and the drying process begins
- Once dried, furniture is returned to their original positions!
- If you’d like, a sealant can be applied throughout to help prevent future staining of your grout and make cleaning easier, just let us know! If sealant is applied, the drying process will take a little longer.
And that’s it! Having your grout and tile professionally cleaned will make the entire room look fresh and new again. We’re not recommending that you eat off the ground, but, after our deep cleaning of your tile and grout, you most certainly could and we wouldn’t judge you! Contact us to learn more or to set up an appointment.